S o, I haven't posted in over a week. Needless to say I made it back from Iowa - with luggage and myself intact. Despite that mad dash across Minneapolis airport, the flights went well and pretty much to time. As always, it's kind of a weird feeling to be back in Leeds, especially as I've been out of the normal stomping ground for a whole month... it's a neither here-nor-thereiness.


As always, Iowa was pretty relaxing. With Jilly working her unsociable hours and tending to fall asleep in mid sentenzzzzzzzzzzz..., there wasn't a lot on the regular daily menu, but we managed to sneak in the Akron Scarecrow Festival, a screening of Jennifer's Body (out in the UK at the end of next month), a relaxing day/night away in Sioux Falls (best. hotel. room. eva.) not to mention some serious rearranging of furniture (yay, Jilly's new computer, computer-desk etc which are now actually better than mine, dammit). The cats and dogs kept me on my toes and knees. I learned that the small, innocent Lilly could bring down a rabbit the size of a rhino (with help from Harry) and poor Big Gay Winston will never, ever be house-trained, but as I seem unfeasibly domesticated when I get to Iowa, it wasn't too bad.

I took a ton of photos, a reasonable proportion of which seemed to turn out well and the autumnal/fall landscape was a great backdrop. No haunted houses this time, but plenty of people and trees and I'm sure they'll be some spooky stuff on my next visit.

Between now and then (probably shortly before Christmas, but, hey, it's October next week, so what - 80 Days?) I have to generate some more work to finance everything and I'm seriously getting behind the theregoestheday-the store project. I'll be uploading more and more designs to the store over the coming weeks. There's already a range of t-shirts for Hallowe'en and I'll be introducing more. Please feel free to spread the word on this or ask after more. I don't make much on each, but all items are reasonably priced and it would be nice to get some regular turnover on the site before Christmas.

As for now, back into the swing of things at Impact and coming up at the end of the coming week is Cinema Days. Iowa, Minneapolis, Amsterdam, Leeds... and Birmingham - all in less than two weeks.

My, what a fast-lane I live in...

Leave a Reply