Still sleeping more than usual and grabbing forty winks as and when I can (I think there may have been fifty WINKS today, but the exchange rate fluctuates a bit). The legs feel a lot better and only the general fatigue and neck-ache makes me feel yucky. So, all things considered, doing remarkably well. Go, me.


Except. PC World. Yes, true believer, the company only mildly less annoying than a haemorrhage are back to their normal level of ineptitude. When I got this new laptop I took out their extended warranty for which I pay the pricely sum of £7.99 a month. Only today I got a letter saying I wasn't covered because payment had been refused by my bank. I called the bank and they confirmed that a payment had been disallowed, but not by THEM, actually by PC World itself not allowing it to go through. I call PC World and they tell me they don't why it's happened but they need all my info again. I explain that I'm in bed, just out of hospital and don't know where my wallet and credit card details are - but surely they have that info from the original agreement which is less than two months old (and I can answer any security questions they want). But, no. They don't have the credit card number any more because they've CANCELLED my warranty because the payment didn't go through and I'll need to set it up again. Can't they liaise with the department that has the paperwork? No. I'D have to send a letter to that department authorising them to give the other department the info. Or wait until I can find my credit card in the next few days... and not be covered until I do.

Just checking... it was ME who had the brain malfunction, wasn't it?

4 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    (Sorry, there's no way to put this comment on the side column.)

    Are you kidding? I love the beard! It's the black eyes that have to go.

  2. The last time I went to PC World I spent 25 minutes waiting for someone to help me... then gave up. It's run by 12-year-olds with no knowledge of computers! Ridiculous!!
    Oh, and I kinda like the beard as well! ;)

  3. Anonymous says:

    Oh, I'm so glad it's not just me. The beard is goooood.

  4. Hmmmmmm. I'll have to think long and hard about this. I've been known to take it on the chin, but....

Leave a Reply