Ye gods (or goddesseses), we're almost at November. Where do the days go and has it really been almost a year since my head exploded?


Another weekend bites the dust in unremarkable fashion. I've managed to get some writing done, some more t-shirt designs up - with more to follow. Bills paid. Expenses sent. Of course, there's a list longer than a long arm of things I need to do. I didn't get around to putting ebay stuff up, but that's to come this week. I will, no doubt, be trumpeting the links to the various bits of movie merchandise etc that are going up. I'll probably do that on the website itself, so if you're reading this in your e-mail rather than on the actual blog page, bookmark the real site and check back often!

In the weeks to come I'm hoping to generate some more work - on both writing and design front. While I'm not exactly bread and watering it, the past year has had its unforseen expenses (aren't they always?) and I've needed to juggle a bit in the latter half of it - so I need to get things back on an even keel before too long.

And there's now less than fifty days until I head back to Iowa. That means I'm in that frustrating lull-period in which the trip is just in sight, but far enough away in the distance that there's almost everything to do or be prioritised ahead of it. At least two isues of Impact to get done before I go - and I'm writing more pages than ever. I'll also be moderating a panel at the Thought Bubble event, which should be fun but for which I'll need a bit of prep. Meanwhile, I'm often talking to Jill every few days on Skype - the webcam doesn't seem to like my wifi link - but it's hard to have any kind of naturally-flowing conversation when at least one of you is tired/working and the net frequently hiccups and you end up typing across each other's replies. Technology. Cheaper than phone-calls, but Peh. Not quite the same as being there. If all goes well, I'd like to be spending more time in Iowa next year as well, but the only way to see if that's realistically workable (financially, pragmatically, emotionally and geographysically) is to balance it all out and actually be there to discuss it and sort it. So, time will tell and, like I said, 49 days and counting - actually, almost to the minute.  I better start packing my thermals.

And yes, it's 3:25am now. Yes, I should be asleep.  But apparently I now do my best work/thinking at night and the clocks went back last night.  And I'm prioritising.

Dream on.

Leave a Reply