It's been a while since I posted. Apologies to all concerned. It's largely been down to the scheduling of those pesky things which have deadlines getting in the way of more enjoyable things that don't. Such is life.

Last weekend I was in Dublin for the city's first Comic Convention (kudos to The 3rd Place et al for organising a great bash). On the Friday night I joined up with Dr.Who/Robin Hood/Wisdom writer Paul Cornell, his wife Carolyn and Millarworld Moderator Mark Peyton for our entry into the pre-weekend charity quiz. (See pic to the left, taken by James 'Goliath' Dodsworth) Team Wisdom (never was a title so obvious!) came in a respectable second place... and only after heated debate over whether Dangermouse's sidekick Penfold was a mole or a hamster (we said - correctly - he was a mole....these things are important to know and I left the venue feeling slightly intelligent. The full weekend event went well. It's been a while since I was in Dublin and though its more expensive than I remember, the locals are friendly and the city has a real unique character. Ultimates/Civil War's Mark Millar was on fine form too. Mr Cornell stepped delicately around what he could and could not say publicly about the forthcoming Dr. Who season and much alcohol was consumed with discussions about life, the universe and how to survive a zombie uprising. Again, these things are important to know and may prove useful in the future. Only bad moment was appalling attitude of the restaurant we graced with our colelctive 40+ presence on the Saturday night who asked us to wait outside for nearly forty minutes. However, the food was
good, so all is okay.

The rest of this past week has been a whirl of Impact and Verbatim deadlines, fighting off a cold and sore throat and sorting things out for various PR duties for pre-and-post Christmas... now mere weeks away. There are presents to be sent (more small token things this year as postage often costs more than the darned thing being sent!), bills to be paid (bah, humbug!) and irons to be put in the fire.


While I've been lucky enough to get to Biarritz and Dublin this year I haven't made it to the US - the first year that's happened in the last decade I think. Something simpy isn't right with the universe when I can't inflict my mother tongue on the colonials. However next year I hope to get to LA and elsewhere Stateside for some fun stuff. I hope to travel in the Spring and I'll be a guest at a con in Ohio around the middle of the year. Then there's the HLWW8 event that I'm eMCeeing in October in Vancouver. One way or another, it should be a fun year.

For those of you with whom I haven't been in touch, apologies (trust me I'd rather be spending time with you than the tax forms and pinheads of this world!) so drop me a line here or at the usual e-mail to make sure I've got your details correctly.


More to come...



Leave a Reply