For the last week I've been having problems with my laptop. No, no... this isn't another PC World rant. But it did seem I picked up a computer virus that randomly redirected all Yahoo and Google searches to sites I'd never heard of or particularly want to. I sort advice at the http://www.computing.net/ forum they talked me through some step-by-step ways to find out exactly what was causing it and towards some downloadable solutions. It felt like jumping through hoops and sometimes frustratingly not being able to find the hoops to jump through, but after the posting of several 'logs' and at a point where I couldn't follow the instructions precisely any more, my laptop seems to be abck to normal - so one of the virus killers I got from them is doing its job again - albeit not the originally installed McAfee one which I paid about £40 for , which missed the virus to begin with, couldn't stop it when it surfaced and then stopped updating at all.


As for my own health - I largely feel much better and aboyt 805 of my original self. I still ache a bit and my sleep patterns are way off (over nine hours last night but couldn't get to sleep until about 3:30am!

But the last week was productive. More chattage with David Fury about all things 24 (for #205 of Impact out just before the new year), Dean Devlin on all things Leverage and a few things Stargate (also for #205) and Mark Sheppard on lots of things ranging from Leverage to Burn Notice and beyond (the first part of the interview is in Impact #204, on sale now, the latter in #205). In short, I may be still be recovering a bit, but there's stuff to get done.

Also got the photography bug back, thanks to Facebookin' Nicola Baker pointing out that for someone who takes a lot of photos, I don't exactly have many albums and pix up on the web. Some 'theregoestheday: photography' pages are prepped and will be up shortly!

Hope to get more done this coming week and may even be back into the Impact offices sometime next week if the aches continue to fade away. Also need to start packing for Christmas! No MORE rest for the wicked, it seems.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Where are you going for Christmas?

  2. I'll be out in Iowa. Most of my US trips are to bustling metropolises (metropoli?), so heading to the Mid-West will be nice and relaxing. And cold outside. Very cold outside. Possibly extremely cold outside. Did I mention it won't be warm outside?

    Where will you be?

  3. Anonymous says:

    I'll be in northern France, with family. It should be cold, but nowhere near as cold as Iowa.

Leave a Reply