Yes, I'm off again. I'm on one of those jaunts that leads the uninitiated to muse 'If he gets paid so little, how can he afford all these trips???' I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Fair to say that it's totally legitimate, that I earn my keep and the closest I get to espionage is to watch a special sneak preview of the upcoming series of 'Spooks'. In all seriousness, I don't know how I do it either. I think having a very small, but wonderful set of friends who I can pay back in kind if not always in $s, working my ass off and praying to St Christopher all probably helps a little...

I'm only in LA for a few days this time. On Wednesday I continue the trip up to Vancouver for official duties at the HLWW con, so this particular leg is the less work-intensive. In fact Saturday night saw Kerry and myself invited to one of those beach/bonfire parties that would be ridiculously impractical in England but are just lovely in California. There was beach, bonfires, guitars a moon and the ocassional VERY low-flying jumbo-sets which were so close I'm pretty sure I saw someone waving. Nothing quite like singing 'Free-Falling' in chorus as the marshmallows burn slowly (actually quite spontaneously) on the fire.

Sunday was a day or rest. 'Day of rest...' meaning I got up late and then we headed down to the Robin Hood pub near Sherman Oaks. Mark Ryan had kindly sorted out a couple of mates to join us for Sunday Lunch (Yorkshire Pudding, Roast Beef, peas....yum!). These mates were (drum-roll, please) Ray Winstone (currently filming Indiana Jones) and Jason Connery. Cult TV fans will know they all starred in Robin of Sherwood together many moons ago and they've remained firm friends. The resulting chat, covering bears, rhinoseroses (rhinosceri?), CGI, stage-school, Doncaster, pink shirts and Yorkshire Puddings was absolutely ysterical and was taped for posterity... and will feature in an upcoming issue of Impact. All great stuff.

Next couple of days should be fairly relaxing. No major interviews planned for LA, hopefully some may work out for Vancouver.

LA. I am SO meant to live here.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Ok, it's official. I hate you. For the sun, for the fact it's pouring over here, for the beach parties, for Ray Winstone but most of all, MOST of all for Jason Connery.

    I may have to avoid this blog for a while in case building resentment causes me to rip out of my clothes and turn into a giant, green thing with bulging muscles, serious anger management issues and a limited vocabulary.

    Uh oh - too late.....

Leave a Reply