It was a very good/bad week to be called Joe if you live in the US. The funniest Palin since Michael (intentional or not) was referring to Joe Six-Pack; McCain was referring to Joe Lieberman; Obama was talking up Joe Biden and then everyone was discussing Joe the Plumber. The irony being that the latter Joe, who'd complained to Obama on camera about tax increases for the reasonably wealthy, apparently isn't even a registered plumber and is so far behind on paying taxes that a) he wouldn't even be hit by increases to the top layer and b) probably wouldn't pay them anyway. And, hey, Joe's his middle name not his first. (Then again, I've got room to talk).

Everyone it seems is taking trips abroad. My parentals are off in Malta, where it's nice and sunny and there are apparently very few actual falcons. A colleague/friend of mine has been off in Italy driving jaguars, courtesy of a press trip. (I seem to miss these jolly jaunts). Meanwhile I'm holding the fort back in the UK. Not so much a fort, more a hut, but you get the drift.

The last week's been busy. I was in London to do some press for Frost/Nixon, Ron Howard's new movie. Not a bad movie at all - but can't say anymore because there's a pesky embargo until January! Peh. Will be even busier next week as I have the National Schools' Film Week events (see right) to host and hopefully an interview to do on Friday.

However with the year whizzing by I've been chatting with Jill and it looks as if I'll be heading out of the country too... back to Iowa for Christmas/New Year. It should be fun. I've seen Iowa in the sweltering heat and now I'll see it in its icy glory. (I've ben told to bring a shovel... then again, I usually am). Given last year's foreign trip debacle elsewhere, I'm obviously taking my life in my hands ... but there's every reason to hope this holiday season will be more sedate. And if not sedate, at least afield of dreams full of fun.

Oh. And the PC World money arrived. Which is nice.


One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Just for the record that's Jaguars with a capital 'J'. Those pesky big cats seem to object when I try to change gear for some reason....

Leave a Reply