W ell, here in Iowa, it's not even 6:00pm, but back home in Leeds it's rapidly approaching the end of a day, week, month, year and decade. It's been a mixed year in many ways...


Certainly, it was a distinct personal improvement over 2008. A year ago I was here in Iowa again, but very much still feeling the effects of the brain-splodey and hospital stay. I hadn't felt older when I hit 40, but I've kinda felt my age over the last twelve months or so.

Professionally, it's been more of the same: a huge amount of interesting and rewarding work, though hardly a reflecting income to show for it. However, once again it's taken me to London, Los Angeles and many points inbetween. Impact is still going, Verbatim's fallen by the wayside for the moment. I've also started the ThereGoesTheDay Store with a full rnage of t-shirts (link at the top of the blog page!) and hope to expand that out in the months to come.

The last six months has been quite quiet on the Highlander front, but there may be more news to come on that soon. It usually manages to keep me on my toes.

Outside the weather is freezing. It all looks picture postcard, but more than 5 minutes out without gloves and you start to feel the severe chill on any expose flesh. Fortunately I have the swishy coat and the clompy boots to keep me safe.

After ten years of knowing each other, Jilly and I finally got together. The geography factor means not the ideal situation and there's a huge amount of time, financial and other factors that come into play with that, so we're taking it one step ata time. Unfortunately, Jilly's ende dup working more hours than she wanted to over the holidays as well as handling a nasty cold, so I'm not sure the NYE celebrations will be particularly loud or intense. Right now I'm just letting her sleep.

I'm not sure of what of 2010 will bring, personally or professionally. The last year's felt like one of transition on all levels and I get the feeling that's a work in progress and will continue.  So, in the next few days watch out for some visual tweaks to this whole TGTD blog site and I'll also be taking part in the Project 365 Initiative - posting a photo every single day for a year. I'll be providing a link to that an to my own expanding photography part of the blog in the next day or so.

So, for the moment, that's it. Exit stage right, 2009. 2010, we're ready for your close up.

Try not to screw up your lines.

Leave a Reply