After accumulating around 2hrs on a 10p a minute line to Expedia, I tried the old fallback postion of simply hitting the unmentioned '0' at every option and almost instantly got through to someone.  Take that, Mount St Unpronouncable...

The news is not great - and as expected, no flights for the next few days at least, though they say conditions are slowly improving ever so slightly (So....I guess BBC, SKY, CNN and NATS are wrong that it's actually getting worse and could last months...). So it's pretty sure I won't be going anywhere until at least next weekend. The volcano probably won't stop spewing its guts, but we simply need the winds to change direction and at the moment they're simply not.

However, the woman I spoke to did say that once people who are stuck abroad are dealt with, people like myself will be prioritised ahea dof any 'new' bookings. Essentially, if flights were to be re-instated around Friday/Saturday, I could feasibly be onboard an aircraft by this time next week. Hmmmm. But right now, they can't take a new booking so I have to sit tight and keep an eye on the helpful BBC website.

I'm not the only one with locations problems. Paul Simpson and Andy Diggle are supposed to be in LA, Dina is stuck in Madeira, Molly's still in Crotia and I'm pretty sure several hundred thousand people are in Birmingham.

In the meantime, Jilly and Tasha have agreed to blow up Iceland on my behalf if it helps. Ain't love grand?

Leave a Reply