Yes, yes, fine. I know. Lack of posts. Duly noted.  I'd planned to blog a lot more while in Iowa, but deadlines and relaxing etc got in the way and in the end it all got away from me.

I got back from Iowa last week and went from 75 degrees + to a maximum of about 50 as we touched down in Manchester. The flights back were impressively on time and largely free of any drama or misfortune. The planes took off on time and arrived early in each case. Baggage also arrived in time and intact - which is always a bonus.

But I haven't been able to completely shake the pains, aches and genrally 'meh' associated with jet-lag.  It usually takes me the rest of the week, but now, even ten days later I'm all achey, my sleep-patterns are all over the place. Not happy.  But working through it.

I was also straight back into IMPACT deadlines and other duties. Suddenly there were more pages of Impact to fill than originally planned (so much scurrying to get sorted), then down to a rain-swept London to talk with Bruce Willis. That went pretty well - he's a confident but not cocky guy and knows how to work a room, something still lost on many other A-Listers. His newest film release RED is perfectly good fun and escapism and has Helen Mirren with automatic weapons (really, what else do you need to know?).

I was due to run a talk as part of NSFW (which, for the uninitiated isn't Not Safe For Work but actually National Schools Film Week) but it was cancelled at the last minute. As it was likely to revolve around the Twilight: Eclipse film, this was probably no great loss to anyone!  However, I should still be running a movie/comics panel of the Thought Bubble day at the upcoming Leeds International Film Festival in November.

Right now, with some due monies paid for design work and still a little left to come in, I'm going to be pushing ahead on the design front, so any spreading of the word is gratefully received!

And, yes, I'll try to blog more before I return to Iowa.

Leave a Reply