Tuesday 23rd. Early.
(Pic: Shaleah, Laura and Ariel... in prep)

Have you ever had one of those dreams when you find yourself alone in a house? That's pretty much how Tuesday started. I woke up at a relatively civilised hour only to find Kerry and Ellen gone and Holly still sleeping. A trip downstairs to the first floor (second floor if you're US based) showed no signs of intelligent life and I went down to the ground floor (first floor, if you insist) to find the house still and quiet. It was a good five minutes before I found Steve outside and almost embraced him for fear we were the last survivors of a Lost/Twilight Zone plot device. Only he and Tina were awake and around the house. Almost everyone else was off running errands, getting last minute shopping or hijacking the unsuspecting bride and groom to take them off to luxury spas for the full treatment. I was left kicking my heels and caught halfway between 'ha, there's nothing *I* need to be doing' and 'hmmm, shouldn't I be doing something, dammit?' It was early afternoon before the shoppers returned and then plans moved ahead slowly but surely for the wedding. It was planned to take place around 8:00ish in the ballroom/theatre room and until then it was a matter of getting the room ready, makig sure everyone knew their place and duties and an eerie sense of calm.

There was even time for some guests to play Fribbage. This is the newly created French version of Cribbage (all the cool people will be playing it soon!) and followed in a long line of activities and music christened by Laura and Shaleah - others included Frabble, Fronopoly, listening to Frip hop and Freggae. At one point I said I could clearly see a fruck in a pond. Thankfully everyone knew what I meant.

Leave a Reply