In the week after the trip I slept a lot and wrote a lot and got half the things I should do done. I e-mailed with Kerry, Dawson, Holly, Shaleah and Fran and made promises about the speed of getting photos sorted. Sue me, I got distracted. No, wait... lawyers reading. Don't sue me, forgive me, I'll get right on that.

Kerry was in Paris for several days, but with the change in weather and with most people who ahd been staying over in the city gone within a few days, I think she was looking forward to spending some time in London. Not wanting to abandon her to her own devices in my country (she'd likely own half the city before she left), I promised to keep her company over her final weekend. I went down on the Saturday (3rd June) and brought excellent weather with me (hopefully breaking an almost slanderous assertion that I bring storms in my wake!).

I dumped my bags in her hotel room and we did the traditional tourist thing of taking in the Thames, riding the London Eye and then watching rape, murder, betrayal, cannibalism care of Young Billy Shakespeare at the Globe (a production of Titus Andronicus that was so bloody that two people fainted). I kept upright and concious in a clearly manly manner, though it wasn't for the faint-hearted. Interesting note: The actor who played Aaron was also in Doctor Who the same week).

The hotel room, just off Piccadilly Circus was noisier than mine had been a week before, but with the aid of ear-plus I got some sleep. On the Sunday Kerry and I walked around some more and ended up at the War Rooms and the official Winston Churchill exhibtion before taking in some more ice-creams and working on my tan in the still-excellent temperatures. I headed off late on Sunday, back to Leeds via coach. Much longer trip than by train, but I did have my laptop again and managed around another 1000 words on my novel. That makes...probably only 70,000 more to go.

Kerry's flight left early Monday as I set off for work. Later I even played with Google Earth again and tracked it for a while. Yes, I know, I should be sorting photos... but technology is so much fun.

Leave a Reply