There's been a ton of things I should have been blogging about in the last few months. My trip to the States, Steve's wedding and a whole raft of things I could be typing. So let's start with the US trip. Partly for business, partly for pleasure I spent nearly a whole calendar month in America in May. Firstly there were almost two weeks in Los Angeles where I stayed with Kerry and divided my time between work and just having a relaxing post-birthday breather and experimenting with my new camera (Canon Rebel Xti).

Unlike previous years when I might as well have brought Morgan Freeman with me to help build an ark, I want it down on record that this time I brought sunshine and heatwaves with me. Arriving in LA it was nearly hitting 90 degrees and I don't think it dipped below around 78 the whole time I was there.

Kerry and I took in Mommy, Mommy: The Musical Musical as recommended to us by David Fury at 24, whose wife had produced it. Even as someone who never wants kids, I found it utterly brilliant. Funny, melancholy and very informed, this was the debut run of the musical and one can only hope it gets seen by a wider audience. Socially, as well as the ever-reliable, ever-busy Kerry (and her two new too-cute-for-manly-words kittens that we named Willow and Wesley aka Trouble & Strife), I hung out with the likes of the talented Gillian Horvath, proud new mom Darla, the vivacious Shaleah and I even got to beat the living cosmos out of sci-fi author Larry Niven at 'jenga' at a party held by the equally legendary Marv Wolfman. I was truly cruising the superinformation geekway.

Once again there was time to catch up with Mark Ryan (Yorkshire born actor, master of swords, ex-Merry Man, all-round nice guy and the voice of the heroic Bumblebee in the new Transformers movie) at our favourite local LA/British pub and set the world to rights (Shaleah and I agreed that The Princess Bride was one of the 'best movies eva' and that anyone who disagreed didn't know what they were talking about. Wisely no-one disagreed). Interviews and meetings went well. There were chats with David Fury, Tim Minear, David Abramowitz, Alexander Nevsky and a chance to hang out with Adrian Paul as we sorted some future acutions items for the PEACE Fund.

Two weeks into the holiday and there were still two to go...

Leave a Reply