Well, I think I may have just been in my first earthquake*. I thought it was a rumbling gust of wind outside (today has been very windy) but it went from a noise to a vibration to the whole house groaning. It was short, lasted only for a few seconds but I'll swear the earth moved. (Story of my life). Ironically, the last time Leeds even got a slight shake, I was in Los Angeles. Okay, these last ten minutes were hardly San Andreas, but that's not my fault.


In other news, Mark Millar's latest comic opus hits the US shelves today (in the UK tomorrow). Kick-Ass tells the tale of a young guy who wonders why, when comics are so popular, no-one has ever tried to be a superhero for real (after all, kids actively try to be rock-stars, actors and sportsmen). So he decides to give it a go... with *mature-audience* rated results. Lots of naughty words and politically-incorrect humour. Definitely a fun read.

* The BBC just confirmed it WAS an earthquake and it was felt from London to Leeds and beyond. It was a 4.7 and centred on Hull (also in Yorkshire). I'm oddly excited. I mean, that's nearly a 5, which is a smidgen off a 6. However, I shall now go to bed and hope the walls don't come a tumblin' down on me.

Leave a Reply