Despite me being off ill for the last two weeks, the latest issue of Impact got off to the printers approximately on time. I'd done most of my existing work prior to Hallowe'en and the only articles I couldn't provide were Thought Bubble coverage and the Leverage piece - both of which will now feature in #205.


The unconventional but stylish cover was a bit of a battle to keep but I think it will work well with genre fans. I generally think Impact needs to tilt to a more older audience and this Watchmen cover actually asks an important question rather than just cut and pastes existing studio images. I think audiences respond to a magazine's efforts to engage debate and be controversial (and Alan Moore is certainly that), so I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but I hope enough fans pick it up to prove my point to the publishers that we shouldn't just do the easiest, most basic designs.

Credit must go to Neal Molyneaux, Mike Leeder, Kerry Glover, Big John Bierly and Dina Burgess for stepping up to the plate in my absence and helping out in the past two weeks, giving me some breathing space before plunging (plummetting?) into some light work for #205, probably next week.

Anyway, please buy or order Impact #204 (out in about ten days time in the UK ) if you can... (clicketh this link to the official website). You won't regret it.

2 Responses so far.

  1. I LOVE that cover!! Well done for swimming against the tide!

  2. Thanks. Spread the word... I need the sales figures to convince the publishers that we're heading in the right direction! :)

Leave a Reply