I haven't been out for drinks with local friends in quite a while, so when Sabrina Peyton (who I know through Millarworld and Thought Bubble) mentioned a Hallowe'en party at the FAB Cafe in Leeds I decided I might as well let my hair down (while I still can) and even get into the fancy-dress side of it.

One thing I love about Americans is the enthusiastic way that they throw themselves into the holiday spirit. I've always been a bit envious about the fun and gusto that people like Kerry have put into their own costumes and fear-stivities. Hallowe-en in the UK has often been soley for the kiddies and even having said that, nowadays parents are less likley to let their kids knock on strange doors for candy. However there were a lot of adults dressed up for the occasion in Leeds City Centre and my self-applied half-skull face (80p kiddies make-up kit used to best effect proving cheap is cheerful) didn't seem too shabby.

Sabrina got dressed up as Hellboy's Liz Sherman (or was it a fully-armoured Sarah Palin?), Tasmin Isles was a garotted Marie Antionette and Lisa Wood was a bloodied widow (who knew these quiet, unassuming individuals could be so scary? Well, me, actually.). The Travelling Man's comic shop owner Nabil had a bullet-in-the-head, but thankfully no serious injury.

Spent some time at Travelling Man discussing the forthcoming Thought Bubble event, setting the world to rights etc before heading to the FAB Cafe, where alcohol was imbibed, snacks were snacked upon and Superman was dancing with a pumpkin, Torquemada was chatting with the Ghostbusters' Slimer and Sweeney Todd was serving a round of drinks to The Joker. So, pretty much your average night out in Leeds.
Enjoyed a few Coronas, thought didn't get out of my 'skull'...but it was a fun night out and good practise for the TB event in a couple of weeks!

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    And then you had a brain hemorrhage! OMG! Hope you are OK - please let your fans know ASAP. We are praying for you!

Leave a Reply