A week on and the headaches are fading and the pain in my legs is starting to subside a bit (as little as 72hrs ago I could barely get out of bed). However I'm making good progress on my complete West Wing box-set and have given myself over to Jaffa Cakes as the recovery food of choice. I'm also getting to the point where I can type more and start putting together some material for Impact, though I won't physically be going into the office for a while yet.

I've been watching with sadness the wildfires consuming parts of Los Angeles (most of the people I know seem to be sufficently away from the flames for now) and have fallen asleep several times while watching various news-channels (Bill O'Reilly seems particularly effective at helping me with that). I haven't been out of the house in a week and barely out of the room - and I'm slowly going stir crazy, though I'd rather be sensible now than put back the full recovery.

But I did miss the Thought Bubble event at which I was supposed to present a panel and that's damned annoying. I hear it went very well, so congrats to all involved. There'll be a piece by Sabrina Peyton in a forthcoming issue of Impact rather than the one I was originally to write myself. Despite all the chaos, this latest issue apparently looks great.

Okay, time for the daily drugs, drink and jaffa cakes and then sleep. So... not ALL bad then.

Leave a Reply