Though people who know me well know and despair of my unique ordering and filing system, recent trips and perhaps other things have prompted me to be embrace my domestic god status more seriously.  I'm in a bit of an organising mode at the moment, partly through neccesity, partly because I just want to get things organised - my parentals always pointed out that if you can get the area you spend most in time at least reasonably tidy or structured then other things start to feel more mangeable. Of course, right now, I'm surrounded by boxes, paper and it looks like a hurricaine has hit my workspace, but in fact, I'm feeling reasonably intimidated  confident that by the time I'm finished, things will be much better than they were when I started.

After scanning and archiving almost two decades (God, I feel old!) of newspaper cuttings, I now have a box to my left which is full to the brim of things I intend to put on ebay - a mixture of film memorabilia, a few classic pres skits, some limited edition records, toys and not-available-in-the-shop-items including t-shirts, jackets etc. If I can sell these it will create a bit of spending money for the forthcoming US trip in April and just as importantly reduce the clutter.  I'm a natural born hoarder, so don't underestimate the drive and will-power this is taking! But, do take a look on ebay and see if anythign grabs your fancy - there's Highlander, Lord of the Rings and other geeky goodness on show. My ID is johnmoz1 and you should be able to check out the several pages of items via http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/johnmoz1 (Let me know if this doesn't work). There will be more stuff each day, so keep checking!

In other work -the HLWW9 brochure is nearly done, fortunately quite ahead of my own schedule and all I'm waiting for is a few images for the guests' bio-pages and a confirmation of the final line-up (yes, we're not quite done yet!), I have some articles ready for the next Impact, I've paid the most urgent bill and I'm also working on a new issue of Verbatim which should be ready before the convention. I may even sort copies of my 'The Cutting Edge' book to sell.

And, point of note, I'm using the Beta 'blogger in draft' mode to input this in and I have to say it seems to work a lot better than the standard mode. And organised. Just saying.

Leave a Reply