Well, I was apparently quoted in both The Scotsman and The Scottish Mail on Sunday this past weekend, in relation to the forthcoming (firth-of-forthcoming?)Highlander remake that got formally announced last week. It's been in the works for a while but this was the first public annoucement and it created some nice - albeit understandably sceptical - coverage in the genre and movie press.

I was contacted by Brian Pendreigh, whom I know from the film critic circuit, who was writing the article and though I've only seen the online version of the piece, I think it reads fairly fairly given the baggage that the franchise has. Peter Davis, the late Bill Panzer's business partner was quoted as well and dropped in names '...in the ilk of as Ewan McGregor and Kevin McKidd'. That's not, of course, to suggest either of those two individuals are actually signed-up (yet!), though I could see McKidd handling it well.

I will now be attending the Cinema Days event this weekend, though on 2 1/2 of the four days as I really need to make sure my stuff for Impact is done and dusted. Also still trying to formally schedule the Iowa trip for the end of the month. Hash, one of the main people behind Urban Species in London just mentioned to me that the big Wizard Magazine con in Chicago is the weekend I fly out. Though it's technically possible it would fit in with plans - and I may even pass through the airport - I think it would add to the cost and length of the trip, so maybe next year.

Ah well, back to the deadlines and anxious wait for the second part of Stephen Moffat's Doctor Who bibliographical epic (which I'll have to tape, dammit!) this weekend.

Leave a Reply