It's been a busy weekend and the pace probably won't ease up for the next few days. There's a lot to get done before I head westwards to see Jill in Iowa on Friday. I'm on stand-by for the earliest AA flight out of Heathrow on Friday which means that there's the possibility if everything goes to plan (ha!) I could arrive at Chicago at around 10:20 in the morning with my connecting flight to Iowa not leaving until 9:20 that evening. However there just so happens to be the massive Wizard Magazine event there over the weekend and the venue is about ten minutes from the airport. Some of the guys at Millarworld have said they'd be happy to store baggage and meet up for a drink, so this could be my Plan A (Plan B-Z being staying at the airport and cooling my heels for all of ten hours or more).

The last couple of days have been finishing the sleeves for the next wave of HLWW DVD releases (just waiting on a couple of photos to drop in to the designs I've put together) but everyone seems happy with those - and also putting together several articles for #200 of Impact and need to do more before I leave. I also need to sort out my Yotel for Thursday night, get a haircut and finish packing. It's all do-able in theory.

In my little bit of downtime I've also watched next Saturday's 'The Stolen Earth' episode of Doctor Who, kindly supplied by the BBC and which will allow me to put together the review of the Who season for Impact while I'm gone. I could spoil you all, but then Russell T Davies would probably personally exterminate me. Suffice to say it's jam-packed full of familiar faces, some old enemies, some nice one liners and a plot that is as gloriously fanwankery as you fear and hope to wish for. The only problem now is that I have to wait OVER two weeks to see the finale.

All things are relative.

Leave a Reply