The date above my say Saturday, but I'm typing this on Friday 7:30pm local time.

The air travel has gone pretty well so far. Managed to easily get on the 07:55 to Chicago and what's more got a seat with a bulkhead, so a few inches more leg-room than everyone else in what my dad kindly refers to as cattle-class (how quickly they forget!) - when he's not lighting bonfires (see Steve's new book). Given the lack of sleep at the Yotel (for which I'm being fully reimbursed) I was literally asleep before we left the ground and managed a good 3hrs+ of snoozing of the 8hr flight. This despite being sat on the same row as a man - we'll clal him Biff McPhlegmy - who made the sound of snoring while fully awake. However I ahd the seat on either side of me empty, so I can't complain.

Despite the horror stories about O'Hare airport I didn't experience any real problems and it only took about 30minutes from landing to exiting customs. The Wizard World Convention was also easy to get to - I grabbed a Hyatt shuttle which meant I only had to spend $5 as the tip and the trip was no more than ten minutes. Spent the rest of the day walkign around the con, listening to some interviews and panels and hanging out with Jim O'Hara from the Millarworld boards and Hash from Urban Species.

I'm now back at O'Hare waiting to catch my flight to Iowa (I originally went to Terminal 2 as instructed and was told 'No, you only fly from this terminal, you have to check in your bags in Terminal 1...' Bizarre.

I've just spoken to Jilly and she asked what airline I was flying in on. When I told her she laughed. I have now told her that's not the response an about-to-be-thrown-through-the-air-in-a-hollow-metal-tube passenger may wish to hear before they do so. Apparently it's a wee, tiny aircraft according to Ms McDole. I may yet end up flying in the cockpit.

But as far as revenge goes, I can also reveal that everyone I've told about my visit to Iowa has simply looked puzzled and said 'Why?'

Leave a Reply