Normally all is fairly boring in Leeds. My tight social circle seemed to gradually dilute and evaporate over the last eighteen months and I've noted that I really, genuinely do have more close friends outside the country than I do within it. I've been lucky to visit Sydney and Iowa this year and hope to do so again at future dates, so I can't complain too much (but when has that ever stopped me?).

However looking ahead I do have busy weekends coming up. This Saturday one of the local Impact writers, Leo, is having a 'Farewell, Leeds!' evening out before she and her boyfriend head off to travel the world, so I'll be joining them for a few drinks and a possible bowling escapade. On the Sunday I'm down to London for an early-am Monday start for Batman: The Dark Knight press stuff and will head back to Leeds on Tuesday. A couple of weekends later and my old friend Karen has invited me to join her and boyfriend Ainsley at her friend Beth's annual BBQ on the other side of Leeds. Last year's weather was red-hot ( see post) so I hope for more sun this year than we've been having recently. A week after that there may be a Millarworld drink-up in London when Mark does his signing at Forbidden Planet. Not sure if I'll make that, but would be fun. I'm sure this sudden flurry of social activity won't last, but it'll be good to get out a bit.

It's been very much a feast vs famine week with either everything happening at once or being failry quiet. Impact #200 was top and tailed (see the cover to the left - which will be spot-varnished and all shiney when it hits the shelves next week) and we're now underway with an issue we've decided to call '#201'. Neal, the designer, is on holiday for about ten days so I don't have to rush to get all MY work in, as long as he has it all ready for when he comes back (then there'll be another rush).

Also the Jump Cons that some of the HL, Battlestar Galactica people, Jeffrey Coombes, Robert Picardo etc etc were attending across the US over the next month appear to have nose-dived in spectacular form and this comes only a month after the equally-hyped FedCons also ended in disaster. So the last twenty-four hours has been a case of making sure no-one I know was en-route and spreading the word. Luckily HLWW events are much better planned and organised and there'll be more to come on details of the 2009 event next week.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just go have a nice lie-down.




2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Your eye looks scary! Frightening pic.

  2. Holy crap you are fantastic!

Leave a Reply