Yes, more washing and brushing up for the blog/website. Having done a fair amount of design work for other people's blogs and businesses over the last few weeks, I noticed that I'd just started to repeat a few stylistic bits I'd done here and I didn't want to plagurise myself so I've continued to tinker and tweak. I make no promises that this is the end of said tweaking as I want to get just the right balance between professional and personal over the different pages that will make up the package and the 'There Goes The Day' branding.


Congrats to all concerned with the press launch of the HLWW Sanctuary event for Los Angeles next April. In only thirty-six hours of going live, over half the 190 available registrations were snapped up and at time of typing, I'm thinking it's now nearer to two-thirds. To say that there were only three guest names formally attached (though there ARE more to come), that display of trust and support from the fans at a time when 2008 hasn't been a banner year for successful cons, is impressive indeed. Absolutely nothing to do with the swanky branding, of course. :)

The new Impact (#201) will hit the UK shelves this week, so follow the links at the top of the site to get more info - but for this issue I'm glad to have had the opportunity to talk with the Batman cast as well as The X-Filers. September is starting to shape up well with two key press conferences lined up and a possible chance to chat with one of comics' true movers and shakers. It'll mean more up-and-down the country for all the London stuff which I could do without, but until people learn to come to me... that's the way it is.

In the meantime, despite the designing I'm enjoying doingto sharpen the art skills, I must also make sure paid work is coming in as fast. Otherwise, I really am priceless.


Leave a Reply