The DVD sleeves for HLWW are now finally done and dusted, though there'll be another set of designs to do in the near future. The current batch are covering much of the 2007 Vancouver event and took a little longer to do than I'd anticIpated because of other commitments and a changed schedule of release. However I'm pleased with the unique branding & packaging and the five separate titles should be on sale soon via the official site.


I tried to stay awake to watch the Obama acceptance speech to the whole of the Denver stadium and TV audiences overnight (starting 3:00am-ish UK time), but decided that about 20 minutes in I was fading fast and would catch the rest today in the numerous repeats. On full viewing, I have to say he WAS impressive, hugely more charismatic than McCain and with the kind of reassuring tone and confidence that reminds me of the flag-waving on the day Tony Blair took office. Of course, a) he hasn't even been elected yet and b) we all know how Blair turned out... but this US election has got me quite energised - either way it's a genuine crossroads for the country and maybe the world. McCain has just announced the little-known Alaskan Sarah Palin as his surprise running mate, so that should keep things interesting. Only 67 days to go to find out which way it'll swing. It'll keep the partially 'impartial' news services going for a while, anyway.

Easyish day tomorrow with just general chores to get out of the way including items for Impact. Off to London on Sunday to do Rocknrolla press early on Monday but beyond that brief excitement it's the normal day-to-day routine of paying bills, chasing cheques and exercising my PhotoShop and writing skills.
.
Perhaps a major lottery win will be forthcoming...

2 Responses so far.

  1. GH says:

    Oo, I can't wait to get my copy of "One Night Only." Put it together with the new Reunion DVD that DPP has done, and cleanse your mental palate with a dose of old friends being true to themselves.

  2. I'm waiting on Reunion at the mo (its cover can't be worse than the horrible Methos Rocks sleeve - I AM offcially available for design duties, D/P!) but I'll make sure a copy of the concert wings its way to you shortly! - J

Leave a Reply