It's been one of those 'blah' weeks where little things kept going wrong - nothing earth shattering or cataclysmic, merely a minor series of chores and irritations that I could easily have done without. However any week you can walk away from is a good one. And hey, I won £5 on the lottery - that'll go in the travel fund jar. Go, me... well, eventually!


I've also just about finished the designs for the next series of HLWW DVDs which I'll put up on the site when they officially launch them next month and I'll also be adding Valentine Pelka's name to the list of guests at the LA event on the designs for adverts etc. (Val, who played Kronos in several key episodes of the show, is also from Leeds, so there'll be at least two Leodians in Los Angeles in April)

And... drum-roll... Jane Doe Horror is also finally up and running. JDH is a site created by my erstwhile mango-wielding, partner-in-crime Jill and her team of ninja reviewers, out to redress the male-dominated bias when it comes to covering the horror genre. (Or, to put it simply, they like good scary movies and are sick of people being surprised by that!). There's a whole range of reviews up, covering the good, the bad and the very ugly of horror and sci-fi and a message board has just been added as well. I've helped put together the look and branding of the site and though the remit is 'horror flicks reviewed by chicks' I will be offering the ocassional review as the token male (a postion I'm happy to assume). I'll be adding a review of 'The Source' as I think it could qualify, but though I stand-by the fact that 'Showgirls' is one of the greatest horror outings ever made, I'm still working on convincing the rest of the Does of the case for its inclusion.

The rest of this weekend will be final design tweakage, probably another late-night working and catching some of the Olympic footage. It's interested me more than I thought it would and the British teams have generally done us proud. Finally saw a repeat of the full 'opening' ceremony last night (only a day before it finishes - I get there in the end) and it was utterly spectacular. However I can't help thinking that with the next Olympics heading to London in 2012 (budget now 3x what was claimed and rising), the UK committee must have been looking at the mind-boggling scale and shininess of the Chinese effort and thinking "We've got to follow this? Shit..."
.
I already predict a gold medal in the freestyle queueing and stiff upper lipness relay.




Leave a Reply