Apparently it was just 'Talk like a Pirate' Day. Why are these days so popular... I don't know, they just arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


*ahem*

But talking about pirates, the PC World/lost laptop situation stumbles ever forward. I've now been recompensed for the actual new laptop I bought. It doesn't take into account the TWO WEEKS I've had to wait for a refund on my credit card, nor the 4+ hrs of phone-calls, curtailed travel and general incompetence at every level, so I'm pursuing further compensation from their head office. I spoke to someone on the phone there and they refused to offer me more than £20 as a 'goodwill gesture' so that was a non-starter - I'll be looking for much more than that as I've already spent that on trying to sort this out.

I do have MOST of my e-mails back, though not the specific ones I needed (Sod's Law). The discs with the e-mail files on them were supposed to be posted to me, but naturally they weren't and I had to pick them up from the store as well. *sigh* The mind boggles, the blood boils...

Right now, I'm juggling a wave of outgoing bills with some events I have to attend. I hope to be at Collectormania in Milton Keynes next week. I spoke to Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber on Friday and hope to catch him at the event next weekend. Kerry has helped set up a chat with actor Mark Sheppard as well, so hopefully I can get that done there too. Then it's Cinema Days the week after. Definitely need some more paid work coming in (writing and designing) , but also a ton of existing work and chores to get done too. No rest for etc etc

Leave a Reply