The laptop saga ("This time it's personal... computer") continues, though at least someone seems to be on the actual case. As I suspected the refund will take some extra days to come through but one of the tech people at PC World is at least trying to establish exactly what happened, why and how I'm further compensated - added to the fact that he doesn't think I'll get my hard-drive (or e-mails) back as they can't even find the damn machine or track where it went. Apparently all the problems may have started when they input the wrong info into their system when I brought it in (confusing it with a laptop my parentals had bought last year). The new laptop is fine so far, but I've spent a fortune in phone-calls, petrol and basic inconvenience, so I'm not letting this issue go. Did I drop on them the fact I'm the very annoyed editor of a national magazine? Oh, I think I did.


Of course, all this hardship may be moot. Tomorrow there's this big scientific experiment going on on the French/Swiss border where they are apparently firing atoms at atoms somewhere deep under ground to see how the universe was created...and we are assured that there's only a very minimal risk of this creating a black hole that destroys all life on the Earth. Which is nice.

Me? I'm thinking PC World are just holding out to see how that experiment goes first.

Leave a Reply