Yesterday was a long day. I went down to London (where surprisngly the sun was shining) to do an interview with Alan Moore. For those who don't know the name he's the guy who originally wrote Watchmen and V for Vendetta, two of the biggest / most controversial comcis ever produced. He has a reputation for being opinionated and has fallen out with Hollywood numerous times (sometimes understandbly) and given his Hell's Angel like frame /unfeasibly bushy beard, I was a tad nervous.


I needn't have worried. Though opinionated, he's an interviewer's dream in the sense that he's not afraid to talk at length (an interviewer's nightmare is the guy who just says 'Yes', 'No' or 'No comment' to every single question). There were lots of things I might have disagreed with Moore about, but he knows why he thinks what he does and the conversation was a good one and it'll produce a good piece for Impact.

Oh, yes, and...The Laptop Saga (Part IV: A New Hope). After being told conclusively and finally that my original laptop had gone the way of the dodo (if the dodo had been put in the wrong pile on the wrong shelf and summararilly destroyed by an over-eager employee without so much as a 'Whoops, there' goes my hard-drive! 'and disappeared forever never to be seen again by man, Stuart, their tech guy, now informs me it's back, risen from the dead in a way so unexpectedly lucky that people may well be writing books about it 2000 years from now. Still not working, but with salvagable parts. So, I have a new laptop, I SHOULD get the e-mails back from my old one, but - of course - there's no word on the vouchers/credit note that should have been issued over a week ago. Indeed, someone I spoke to at the PC World head office confirmed my claim was shut down a week ago because... and wait for this... I didn't ring them as told to. (My phone bill: 4hrs worth of calls and rising). After picking myself up off the floor and making mental notes to possibly ask Alan Moore to curse them, I demanded to speak to 'Melissa', my contact there. She wasn't in that day. She was supposed to call this weekend. She hasn't. I smell blood in the air.

Perhaps that's also because of the devastatingly funny and accurate SNL sketch:


One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    The SNL sketch has been pulled from youtube but it's still available here: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/palin-hillary-open/656281

Leave a Reply