So, I'm typing on a new laptop. An ACER 5920 for those who want to byte off more than they can chew. :)


Of course, it wasn't - and maybe still isn't - that simple. Because of the whole 'replacement operating procdure' and the fact I wasn't prepared to wait for the crdit note/vouchers to take days to come through, I've had to pay for this laptop (£399-ish) upfront. What is SUPPOSED to happen is that the vouchers should be sent to PC World and the manager will then cash those in and recredit my VISA card very quickly. SUPPOSED to is the key word here as I suspct, despite assurances, that there'll be a signifcant amount missing off my card for over a week. And I still have to get my e-mail back from the old computer as there was no reason for me to remove them for what should have been a minor reapir on the laptop's bodywork, not software.

Still.

Pretty laptop. :)

Leave a Reply