Today I actually had time for lunch - and all the better for the fact it was with fellow Yorkshireman Mark Ryan. The last time we sat down to eat we were joined by Kerry, Messers Ray Winstone and Jason Connery in sunny California, but this time it was just the two of us in damp Doncaster, his hometown. We set the world to rights, discussed the changing moods in both countries, the state of the industry and tucked into to steak and ale pies with a nice glass or two of white wine. All very civilised. It certainly beats the usually rushed Subway 6" Meatball Marinara on the move.

It's been a busy but productive week with getting major articles and photos for Impact sorted, resetting my parentals computer (and getting their laptop to display on the big HD television which took a while, but which now works really well), doing interviews (including Max Payne director John Moore) and getting flights aligned for the US trip in April/May. I've just managed to get the basic transatlantic flights for a good price and because I'm using United throughout, got an excellent deal on the domestic flights to Iowa via Denver and then home via Chicago. It's a big weight off my shoulders as I wasn't sure what the total costings would be, but this is do-able and I should be out of the UK for about three weeks or so in the spring (including over my birthday) and THIS time it should be warmer!

Despite being well on the mend I've had an annoying headache all week. Not the really bad kind, but the annoyingly clingy kind that just hangs around the back of the head and lets you know its winter. The doctor warned I'd be prone to feeling achey in general, so it's nothing that paracetamol, less screen time and more sleep won't help. The weather generally sucks (and could be worse next week), but it has given me another excuse to wear my Allonzy coat, so I've been swishing all over Yorkshire in it.

Got some photos for articles sorted tonight, updated Facebook and saved the world... so now it's time to catch some Zzzzzzzzzzzs. Roll on the weekend...

Leave a Reply