Home again, home again. And, gazing out from the train window...I'd forgotten how green things could be. Not even a hint of snow.

I'm now back in Yorkshire after a pretty reasonable homeward journey over the last day. Bags arrived intact and where they were supposed to be throughout and though I didn't sleep on the plane, I have no doubt I will do so tonight (or, more likely) before. I still live in hope that the last-minute tickets I bought for the Iowa Powerball Lottery will pay off and that I will soon be able to be kept in the style to which I should become accustomed. If not this time, I'll buy more on my next trip out there which I intend to be sooner rather than later.

I've been able to keep up with most e-mails thanks to the Yahoo proxy connection but had some voice-mails on my Blackberry when I got back, so there's a list of things to respond to over the next few days. Then, of course, there's some tax stuff I need to get out of the way! *sigh*

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noted further changes to this page layout. One of the few new year's resolutions I made was to formalise my web presence with a more professional main page linking to different aspects of the things I do personally and professionally. The main 'hub' will link to this page and several others. As far as this Blog page goes, the changes are largely cosmetic but I'll be dividing some of the separate panels that were here into their more appropriate pages over the next week or so. Other pages will include updated Impact, Verbatim and Photographic themes as needed.

It's green outside, but no time for the home-sick blues (I'm home and everyone appears to be sick with colds). Work calls. Hopefully it'll wait until I've had a power(ball) nap.

Leave a Reply