Spring cleaning and streamlining can be heart-warming and soul destroying. I have literally thousands of magazines that I rarely use, but have built up quite a library (albeit not always ordered) of reference that was there if I needed it. But then I started running out of room and had to do that whole evaluation thing of 'is it worth the space I'm losing it to and could I make a little money off clearing it at the same time?' The answer to the first bit is yes as I've always been a hoarder and though I invariably need something as soon as I chuck it out, I have too much clutter for anything short of a Tardis.  The answer to the latter is more likely to be 'no' as magazines are bulky, impossible to ebay without paying a huge amount for postage and even a dealer isn't going to offer you a lot for them because he won't be able to sell them all himself even if you can get them all to him.

So I'm left with the fact that there's a good chance some of my collection will end up simply in the bin. That's a last resort as there's nothing quite like seeing a symbol of twenty years of your life being shovelled off into the garbage to bring an obvious metaphor to the surface.  When I left 'Claremont' I binned a lot of the 'un-necessaries' which was hard enough at the time, only to return the following day to find someone had gone through the bins and scattered rubbish and belongings everywhere. Truly broke my heart. So to bin stuff voluntarily now is pretty annoying and frustrating if it's coming to that.

So, if anyone is in the Leeds area and wants Total Films, Premieres. Flicks, Entertainment Weeklies and maybe some SFXs, feel free to contact. Otherwise it's the charity shop or if they don't have the room (which is quite likely)... the bin.

Peh.

Leave a Reply