So, a good eight months before I usually get around to a week of scrutinising them this closely, I've spent the last two days going through my accounts for last year (well, Nov '07 to Oct '08) in a bid to head the taxman off at the pass. Yes, yes, I appreciate it's all legal and essential(ish), it's just the attitude with which I've been talked to at by Taxwoman that sucks. Ah well, I'm quite pleased that I've managed to document all the needed material in only 48hrs and without having to complain to my bank about missing statements and the like. So now it's just down to the ironic hope that I didn't actually earn as much as I originally expected and Taxwoman  guesstimated. The box of paperwork will be off to my accountant soon and I have my fingers crossed that I'm now simply SUPER but merely all kinds of adequate...

Resigning myself to this being a boring  'Bare Neccesities Week' I'm also working my way down/up the list of things I need to get done and prioritising them. The HLWW brochure is all done bar the shouting, the new issue of Verbatim is done but needs to be formatted and the repackaged older additions should be ready for a table at the con in April if not before. I will be yelling about those formally as soon as they're rolling off the production line.

In the next few days/weeks I have to submit the ESTA form to see if I'm adequate enough to be allowed into America (let's hope so, the tickets were non-refundable), pay a few bills, have a health check-up, help the parentals deal with their new computer (fancy Touchscreen, don't you know) and watch them discover the pleasures and pit-falls of  further bulletin boards and blogging. My dad now even has a Facebook page. Makes yer proud, so it does.

Ah, life in the fastlane. I hope life begins at 41.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Mosby!I've fallen in love,I've fallen in love for the first time and this time i know it's for real, God knows, God knows i've fallen in love. I am,of course,referring to the photograph of your friend, karen,taken in that wonderful country we Americans like to call Greece.Although it was taken some time ago it is plain to see that her beauty,charm and grace will never diminish(unlike Angelina).Please contact me at maddoxzaharapaxshilohknoxvivienne@daftnames4kids.com and i guarantee you a small 'nibbling' part in my next movie (The curious tale of the missing orange bit in the jaffa cake). I know you love 'em, you do, i know you do ,i've seen you eating them and you can eat them whole, wow.
    Yours, Brad
    PS is the photograph subject to copywrite and did you get permission to publish it? Eh? Did you? Did you?Eh?Eh?

  2. I think a resounding '?' is in order, despite the good taste.

    (And, yes, it's my photograph)

Leave a Reply