Today was almost spring-like, which for those of you not in England, means it didn't actually quite rain.

There are times when I feel like the show-runner of my own life. Like Joss Whedon but with no vampires, less death, fractionally less angst and just a bit less interesting when viewed from the outside (So, Dollhouse, I guess?). I kinda look back (or ocassionally forward) and spot the themes of the year. 2008 was definitely nick-named 'Watershed' and I had the feeling well in advance that certain stuff would come to a head and if not a tectonic shift, then certainly an alphabetising of priorities. Which for anyone who knows me, is SO not me.

That's certainly continuing on into 2009. Both literally and metaphorically I'm cleaning house. Maybe it's down to hitting the signifcant age (29 is still significant, right?) when you have to make jokes about still being 29 (see?) or maybe being Mr Splodey head last year and feeling mortal or perhaps simply the downside of being a hoarder is that sooner or later you run out of place to hoard... but I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff that however much I'd love to keep, it's just not essential. Two big boxes of cinematic books went to the local auction house last week and brought in a few pounds, I'm doing something similar to my vast magazine collections, there's a ton of merchandise going on ebay at the moment and some stuff is just heading for the bin. My DVD collection and soundtracks are actually dimishing to the titles I may actually watch/listen to again and IF I illegally downloaded, which I surely DON'T - then I'd be of the mind to organise them into files and discs for easy referencing when I review them for the magazines. Rhetorically, of course.

I'm streamlining and organising. That's not to say, the workspace is looking remotely tidy at the moment - in fact, it looks like it's being hit by something whirling, maybe a dervish - but to the well trained eye, there's actually significant progress. By the time I head off to the US, I'll have downsized a fair bit - if only my waist was included in that.

However, mucho HLWW to finish off, Impact to do, tax to sort out and Verbatim to get done and dusted. Then more work to seek out - design or writing - for which payment would be good. And  I still found time to wash and brush up this blog a bit. The colour-scheme was a bit sterile, so hopefully now a bit warmer and inviting with a touch of style. Not unlike my good self.

In short, for the moment...all work, no play. But hopefully only in the short-term.

Leave a Reply