Back when I had the health BLIP at the end of 2008, the doctors said I'd probably have good days and bad days in the months to follow. To be fair, most of my days have been exceptionally good and I know I've been very lucky. However the last 36hrs or so weren't quite as 'chipper' with some light dizziness and aches and just feeling a bit off my game. It's nothing I'm too worried about, partly to be expected, but it was annoying and distracting as I had to limit my time at a computer screen when there's a strong need for me to be at it a lot (Cause and Effect, I guess).  But feeling better today, albeit with some neck ache and I have a final doctor's appointment in about two weeks which should be nothing but a formality. However it does remind me that once the convention and current round of deadlines are over, I'm looking forward to some serious R'n'R in LA and then in Iowa.

Minor tech annoyances too...because as well as my laptop's DVD drive no longer recording properly, the webcam now appears to 'not exist' according to the machine. A bit of pain to discover when I was setting up a Skype chat earlier to catch up with Shaleah and Kit/Ariel's bouncing baby girl (cute as a button... checks buttons... okay, cuter than...). This leads me to think I may have to put this machine in for repair while I go away and so borrow my parentals' laptop to travel with to America. This would be frustrating for several reasons - 1) all my e-mails are on this machine and while I can back up programs and files, the Inbox and sub-folders are much more tricky to save and 2) any long term readers of this blog know that PC World are the spawns of satan and couldn't find their ass with two hands, a map and a torch   lost my last laptop and left me out of pocket even after compensation and a replacement. Though I'm loathe to risk that again, I may have no choice - especially as there's only three weeks to go before I go.

Annnnnnnyway. Press with Mr Nic Cage: done (The film, ,Knowing is not half as interesting as he is). Several articles from that meeting written up. HLWW brochure designs: done (ready to send). HLWW DVD sleeves (ditto). Some articles to do. More designing to do. However for now, a catch-up on TV eps I've missed and some late-night chocolate.

Then sleep. Then perhaps PAID work. Then...

2 Responses so far.

  1. karen says:

    Tonight I will be watching Harry potter's film 'The goblet of fire'. I hear it's very good.The last film I watched was 'Enchanted'; I hope HPTGOF is as good as that was. Shall I let you know? If you want to use my comments in your next publication do not hesitate to ask. I may say 'Yes', i may say 'No', but it's always worth asking.
    About your 'photo's: That bloke with the fag in his mouth, glasses and a massive boot looks just like Mike from St Marys Church. He fell off his bike going over the Humber Bridge recently. Is it the same person?

  2. That's veteran actor Lance Henriksen, if you please. He of Terminator, Aliens, Millennium and a few straight-to-DVD outings. Top bloke, actually.

    Goblet of Fire was okay, but not a massive Harry P fan. How's life in the suburbs?

Leave a Reply