I can see it now... it's going to be one of those weeks where everything is going to be hurry up and wait. A week from now I should be well on the way to LA - possibly somewhere over the mid-west at this point -  and fretting that I've forgotten something like a toothbrush...but in the meantime I'm at the mercy of an electronic communication system and, more accurately, the people using it.

I was supposed to be going down to do press with Hugh Jackman and director Gavin Hood for the upcoming Wolverine film on Thursday. Perfect timing as there's a possible screening of the new Star Trek movie that evening and I could have stayed down a few more hours on Thursday (to avoid having to get a hotel on Sunday night or be up ridiculously early on Monday to travel down for the Trek press then and then onto the airport). However Fox cannot confirm any timings at the moment and less than 36hrs before I'd have to be en route and train costs growing by the second, I've ahd to call time on the trip unless things change. I'm the best there is at what I do, but even I need some sleep and time to pack!

Equally, with my old MiniDVcamcorder now broken, I purchased one on ebay for a very reasonable amount (the auction ending last Friday). Noting that the seller indicates it can take four days to receive the item and Easter might affect that I message'd them and asked if it was going of any later than today (Tuesday) could they let me know as I'd be prepared to pay a little extra to ensure it arrived in time for my trip.  As of now there's been no response to three e-mails requesting info. I can see the camera arriving the day after I leave and the seller just shrugging. Peh. Fingers crossed it's already on the way!

In between packing and writing - including writing a piece to fill a gap left by another writer with his own deadlines - I'm also waiting on news of a few interviews and a design project.

In the meantime, I must cut down on the chocolate. But right now, it's a whoooole different wait problem.

Leave a Reply