No London or Wolverine on Thursday, then.  But I may get the chance to meet up with Val in Leeds for a quick drink prior to us heading out to LA. The absence of the trip to the Great Smoke means I have to do a bit of re-organising about my departure (now definitely heading to London on Sunday rather than Monday before flying Tuesday) but it also frees up some of my time tomorrow to get other necessaries out of the way.

I'm already 3/4 packed with just the basics to add. I'm also taking some copies of The Cutting Edge to the con. Slowly but surely I'm getting through everything I need to do on my List.

And, catching up with the masses I FINALLY saw the clip of Britain's Got Talent that everyone's been talking about. Wow. I know I sometimes like to fly in the face of public opinion, but... I won't forget THAT in a hurry: Click Here

3 Responses so far.

  1. karen says:

    Regarding'I won't forget THAT in a hurry!' Why is everyone soooo surprised that a PLAIN 40 odd year old woman can sing? I didnt realise that only fake baked, snatch showing size 8 whippets were allowed to be able to sing....GET OVER IT EVERYBODY!

  2. I think it's because these series have largely become freak shows, where the judges and audience seem to *delight* in seeing people who think they can sing, but clearly can't and should never have been told by people who care about them that they could.

    I was a bit surprised by just HOW good she actually was, but my enjoyment was more in seeing the judges get their preconceptions handed to them on a plate.

  3. Simon says:

    That was it for me too. Not just the judges but the whole audience. She did a really good job of singing the number but in a wider sense, she really did a number on the audience. Everyone was blind-sided and it was a pleasure to watch that happen.

    The lyrics of the song, though, are extraordinarily poignant for Boyle. They really add an extra dimension and if it hadn't been from Les Mis', the song might equally well have been written for Boyle herself to sing. A hat-trick for Boyle in one fell-swoop :)

Leave a Reply