About eighteen months ago I spent a very cold but rewarding week on the set of Highlander: The Source as it filmed in Lithuania. I went out with Carmel Macpherson and basically spent the week behind the camera, recording activities for posterity, filing a few reports and getting the access most people only dream of. The -10 degree, all-night shoots were worth it, even if the resulting film didn't reflect the passion and energy put into the project by some of the people involved.

The DVD of The Source has just been released in the US (it's already out in the UK) and the best thing on it is the documentary put together by Richard Blanshard. Though my brief foray in front of the camera is little more than a blur in the international release, I do get some minor screentime in the doc. In fact, look, there I am at about 53mins in joking around with Stephen Rahman Hughes (Zai) as we wait for the cameras to roll. Can't think why the fire was so popular! Brrrrrr. The bourbon bottle I'm tossing from hand to hand is real. Sadly the sauce on the Source wasn't.

All in all it was a good time and I'm proud of some of the photographs I took on location. Definitely ones for the portfolio.

Back to the present: While Kerry is currently off swanning around Australia *sigh* there's no rest for the wicked back here. Deadline week for the current Impact this week and already hard at work on the next... words & pictures stop for no-one.
Thanks to MP for the screen-grab

Leave a Reply