While having a look through my photographs in search of some suitable shots I took in Los Angeles for an upcoming article, I came across some photos I took on one of my old cameras and saved in a TIFF format that I hadn't been able to read until I downloaded the IrfanView program (very useful, I can tell you!). One of the those images was taken quite a while back when the Lord of the Rings exhibition came to the Science Museum in London.

Invited to attend the opening, there were plenty of opportunities to take some shots and one was seeing a fully-fledged Orc/Urukai (sp?) posing outside. It was suggested he emerge from a typically British telephone box and I decided to get a unique angle on the pose. The lighting is a little off as I didn't have much time to set things up, but it still strikes me as a great image...

Leave a Reply