So, all being well (and me being well) at this point in a week's time I should be safely ensconsed in Iowa for the Christmas holidays or at least have touched down in Sioux Falls, complete with baggage. One look at www.wunderground.com (the weather site as endorsed by Moz) shows that there's a good chance it will be cold. Very cold. Warmth: nil point. Possibly double figures below and fallling. I'm imagining icicles hanging off my nose. Not an attractive image. Yes, I've packed thermals, thanks for asking...

Despite the world not feeling as festive as it should, I decided I should enter into the spirit of the holidays and spruce (ha!) up the blog. After some html twiddling and image-correcting, the blog has a decidely wintery look - for those of you with wider screens there's even a Christmas tree. Notice the lack of presents under it so far. I'm just saying.

While I intend to blog through the Christmas break if possible, there is a middling chance that my Net connection may not be ideal and therefore if there's a lack of Mozblogs after next Sunday, that's more likely the reason than me being up to my neck in a snow drift. Though, that's always possible.

Yesterday (Sunday) I caught up with Peter Wingfield (Highlander / 24) who I haven't spoken to since earlier this year. He's keeping busy in LA and beyond and there'll likely be a feature on him in the Impact out in late January, just in time to co-incide with the return of 24 to screens. Tomorrow (Tues), I should be chatting with Tim Minear (of Buffy, Angel and *sob* Firefly fame) about his latest project along side Joss Whedon, Dollhouse. Both Peter and Tim (and the people around them) are excellent people. Still chasing some of the Leverage cast and putting together several Impact features before I head off. Hopefully this week I can get a fair amount done without giving myself a headache. I've had a couple over the last few days, but thankfully not the explodey kind.

Still packing, but remarkably ahead on points and weight-rationing. Okay....I think I'll go watch the Wolverine trailer again, or maybe some West Wing episodes before a well-earned sleep and back into the thick of it tomorrow.

Ho Ho Ho. Or something.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    West Wing episodes are some of best medicine known to man, I salute ya!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Buy snow pants! Iowa is ruddy cold in winter.. you'll be shocked! I got stranded in Des Moines due to snow, with no net connection.. misery!

    Glad to hear your SAH is under control.. have a fantastic time in Iowa! At least your chances of a white Christmas are 90%+ :)

  3. I am investing in ALL types of warm clothing and have some waiting for me in Iowa. Loved the place and people during summer and hope I'll do so even more in winter. As long as I can keep from from literally freezing, I'll be happy. Good company, fine alcohol and photogenic opportunities.

    Best to all for the damp Yueltide in Britain!

Leave a Reply