I went to my doctor on Friday for a check-up and he's given me the all-clear to fly off in two weeks' time. As he pointed out, I'm at that annoying stage of recovery where I'm largely all repaired but at the edge of still needing to be a bit careful/ being too careful. He's basically said that it can take weeks and months to actually FEEL 100% again and to simply act appropriately to how I feel. I'm still sleeping more than I did and sometimes grabbing an hour's sleep in the evening. However I should be fine to engage in all things Christmassy, though I may avoid significant hangovers and headaches.

So, in the last week just kepy fairly local (went down to Kirkstall Abbey to take photos by the river there (see above) and my plan is to pop back into Impact - possibly on Tuesday - to have a look over the current issue that goes off to printers on Friday and also discuss budget issues *sigh*. There are some good interviews surrounding the new show Leverage (on TNT in the US on Sunday and Tuesday nights this week) in #205 - particularly Dean Devlin and Mark Sheppard and hopefully with more to come. Catch the show if you can.

Also, I recently e-mailed Heathrow's Yotel to say I'd been disappointed to have a room next to a literal jack-hammer last time I stayed (see the blogs from the end of May) and if I was going to use them again, I'd need some assurances of a good night's sleep. I was pleasantly surprised to be offered a free stay there, so looks like my accomodation for 21st Dec is sorted before I fly out. See, complaining DOES get decent results.


So, while nothing startingly new to report, it feels like things are a little more back on track. Even started to pack... :)

Leave a Reply