I thought I might have jinxed myself, when sitting on the plane to Sioux Falls, the pilot announced there'd be a slight delay while one of the technicians examined a small possible fault. It had been going SO well....

Glancing out the window I saw all our bags being off-loaded - which I presumed would mean the worst. However about ten minutes later the pilot announced all was good and I saw the bags being reloaded. It's worthwhile mentioning that I saw my bags not so much being un/loaded as gamefully hurled/lobbed from conveyor belt to truck/plane as if it was an Olympic sport in danger of going out of fashion. So let that be a lesson to pack well and with buffers for the more fragile things. (Thankfully, everything seems intact).

Jilly, Tad and Anne were awaiting me at Sioux Falls when I arrived (only that ten minutes or so late) and after running a few errands at the mall (including me getting two rather nice t-shirts in Old Navy for a mere $3 each!) I finally got back into Iowa at around 9:00ish or so - just as the sun was setting. As I'd taken off just as it was rising UK-time, this meant I'd had the perfect thirty hour day I'd always needed.

Up early this morning as the usual body-clock problems kicked in, but that should sort itself out soon enough. Jill had to be up for work at 5:00am, so no sympathy from her. The weather is nice and toasty and just taking it easy today apart from stocking up on supplies!

Leave a Reply