So, I'm currently in Minneapolis airport and everything seems to be going swimmingly - if that's not the wrong description for air-travel.


I got some sleep last night - heading to bed early and managing to get about 4 on-off hours - which helped with subsequent travelling. The parentals, planning to head off early for a day at the coast, agreed to drop me off at about 4:45am at LBA (thanks to them both!). Baggage checked with no problems there and the Amsterdam flight went off on time. Lovely sunrise just before we took off - ALMOST worth getting up for!

BIG queue when I got to Amsterdam and heightened security at the gate, but though my eventual seat wasn't great, it was perfectly comfortable and I managed another hour or so of on-off sleep while reading my preview copy of Michael Connelly's new novel 9 Dragons and watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off (just 'cos).

Now just have to wait to board for Sioux Falls and that's only an hour trip, so fingers crossed. Weather outside looks hot and sunny and I understand Iowa is similar.

So... onwards, upwards and a bit more west.


Leave a Reply