P erhaps underestimating the jet-lag I decided to take a nap at around 4:00pm on Sunday and ended up staying in bed until around 6:30am the following morning. Normally you can't get me out of bed before 9:00am as I stay up until late, but things have largely been reversed since I got here...

Jilly had to work on Sunday, but has had Monday and Tuesday off. Monday was largely a do-errands day, so nothing spectacular to report. At least... until the night-time. We were woken at about 2:00am Tues by both a storm revving up outside and also some pitiful barking. I can downstairs and opened the front door to find both Winston and Katie looking a bit damp and pathetic. They'd both somehow got out through the back-door but hadn't worked out they could get back in the same way at that point. By this time the lightning had started, so I got up for an hour and took some photos. I got some nice ones, but hoping for a drier version sometime during my stay as the rain started to come down quite fast.

Today (Tuesday as it still is here) we met up with Jilly's sister Mary and her freind Tasha and her husband and went into Canton (no sign of 'Jayne' - its hero) to look at antique stores. I kept my eyes open for any Royal Doulton but merely came away with a copy of Swamp Thing #1 - as written by Len Wein, but no complaints there. I now have my camera surgically attached and managed to get a photo of Tasha's daughter looking both innocent and guilty. It's originally in colour, but I think b/w works better.

Also took my obligatory first trip down near the river and got a nice image of a sunflower (I've selectively black/white'd the shot, but the actual colours are real) and the sunset.

Having a nice relaxing time so far, marred only by quite a lot of flies and bugs and the news that back in Blightly, the taxman is being a pain, but managing to avoid them, explain or swat as need be...

One Response so far.

  1. Simon says:

    Lovely shots, John! Glad you made it safely to IA :)

Leave a Reply