I woke up this morning... okay, fine, technically I got up at 12:00, midday on the dot... to find it a gloriously sunny Sunday. However I don't feel remotely guilty as it is a long weekend (bank holiday tomorrow in the UK and I think it's Memorial Day in the US?), there were no inhumanely pressing deadlines and it seems to have ultimately kicked away the last of the annoying jet-lag cobwebs. In fact, the only downside is to have half the day gone before I can thoroughly enjoy it.

Just had a nice long shower, heard the tootlin' of an ice-cream van (can't remember HOW long it's been since one of those has been in the neighbourhood - must be a decade or so...) and cooked some soya-soaked chicken. In short, 'tis a good day, if a short one.

However, there are things that I'm aware I needed I make progress on. In the last few days I've managed to get some tech stuff sorted on this site, a couple of Impact articles done, paid money towards urgent bills that needed to be paid/placated and started setting up some general things for next week. (Tomorrow there'll be some ebay stuff going up again as part of my efforts to continue the financial momentum towards the next trip). Equally I'm trying to keep my desk and work area fairly tidy, if only because there's lots of things I need to keep sorted, within arm's reach and not have fall down on my head. Hey, these things have happened...

Tonight, maybe a bit more writing, a call to Jilly and then some playing of the Wolverine X-Box game my brother bought me for my birthday.  Nothing too demanding stressful.

Tomorrow, probably back to the grind

Leave a Reply