O kay, I'm not particularly squeamish, but the only word I can think of is 'Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!' Was just heading to bed on Tuesday night when I noticed something tucked right in under my left knee. Turned out it wasn't a bit of fluff but a bloody tick sucking at my royal blue blood - most likely the same kind as the long-grass variety that Jill and I found we'd brought back into the house the day before I left Iowa. In a 'what's worse?' thought, it was either gorging itself there in the nook of my knee for well over a week, or it wasn't and it rode home with my clothes etc and then found me later. Now, I've showered etc regularly, so the first would seem unlikely, but these are pesky little suckers (literally) who find hard-to-reach areas and numb their host, so it's not impossible. Tick now removed and thrown to the fishes. Doctor says probably no ill-effects (unless I can attribute some really vivid, lucid dreaming about Iowa to it?). But, again, Ewwwwwwwww.  TMI?

On other notes I'm once again ebaying a fair amount of my genre merchandise - from CDs, t-shirts and comics through to press packs and the like.  See my link on the top right of my blog page for a full list of Highlander, Primeval, Matrix and Doctor Who bits and bobs. Or clicky here >>> EBAY  All this will greatly help make space and in funding future trips abroad (or, at this rate, bus-fare into Leeds City Centre...)

And just found out that the ever-reliable Cinema Days I've attended for twenty years has now been down-sized to a two-day event in June, in a couple of weeks' time. This a few days after I booked accommodation already to cover a four-day event to get a really good deal. Peh.  I'm ticked off!

Leave a Reply