So, I've been ensconsed here in Iowa for about a week now and once again enjoying the slower pace and the lack of urgency that was the order of the day in LA during the great but tiring convention. The weather's been good here and despite a brief shower this morning, it's generallly been sunny and/or warm.

Jilly is once again juggling her considerable workload (two jobs and a menagerie of animals to support) and I'm mucking in with the housework and indulging my inner domestic godness (and doing surprisingly well). I've fixed her televsion, fixed my own video camera (which let me down royally at HLWW), planted some flowers, helped clean the house and hope to help her get a virus off her computer in the next few days. For the moment Jilly's done a dog-swap with friends and so Big Gay Winston has been replaced by the smaller and more manageable 'Tater'. He's just as giddy, but less of a handful and apart from a few small 'accidents', he's a lot easier to clean up after. Katie, Jilly's other dog, is a bit jealous of the little one's attention, but seems to be pal-ing up fine. Right now, Katie, Tater and Jilly are all sparked out. They've all earned it.

Once again, I'm getting the chance to do some more photography and with the train track that runs by the side of Jill's house being empty and used much less than normal, I've been able to take some nice track shots across the Sioux bridge a hundred yards or so away. All I need now is a nice lightning storm to roll through and the shots would be truly amazing!

Being careful about not banging my head, but managed to have a door close on it and a shelf get in the way already. Thankfully both were the most lightweight of bumpsand not liable to cause any harm. The more careful I am, the more I have to watch out, it seems!

No big plans for the next few days as Jilly has early starts, but that will allow me to get some Impact articles sorted and maybe catch up with a few TV shows.
May treat myself to having another Zen Hotdog at some point. They make me one with everything...

One Response so far.

  1. Simon says:

    Great photos, John. I'm particularly partial to these kinds of shots. Love the silos in the distance, and the bridge has something of a "Stand By Me" feel to it, too. You might be able to find some covered bridges in remote parts, as well.. though how interesting you'll find them, I can't say. Mind you, I thought I was alone with my railroad tracks and bridges fetish.. seems I was wrong there! :)

Leave a Reply